For Daily Job notification Join us in Telegram :
Job title: Technical Lead – AWS with Java / Python
Company: Thomson Reuters
Job description: Job Description
The Legal & Research Technology in Bangalore provides systems development and support for the content processing needs of Westlaw. The group oversees and executes a wide range of project types, ranging from cost-saving infrastructure to revenue-driving product development initiatives. This group is looking to re-engineer existing systems and move to AWS Cloud offerings. We are looking for a highly motivated, innovative, and detailed oriented individual who will make an impact on a large-scale, enterprise-wide initiative to serve as a Technical Lead on this team.
The key area of focus for this position is serving as a Technical Lead for a multi-year project to deliver new and re-engineered systems using AWS and its capabilities with excellent proficiency in Java, and Python. Full-stack development
The ideal candidate will possess strong organization, communication, and problem-solving skills. They must also possess effective oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills. A history of meeting aggressive deadlines in uncertain environments and maintaining strong customer relationships are key selection criteria.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Development activities:
- Develop efficient and high-quality code while meeting product release deadlines
- Contribute in the design discussions with architects and business providing insights into approaches and solutions
- Translate architectural vision into the design and delivery of a functioning system
- Ensure adherence to coding, design, and architectural standards
- Develop deployment and rollout plans as needed
- Prepare time estimates for projects and software design plans
- Lead technical design discussions with the team and participate in the code reviews
- Involved in the design of all test cases to provide support to all systems and perform unit tests.
- Contribute to grooming the team technically and provide guidance to peers and the team.
- Responsible for working with the project managers in planning the sprints, providing feedback, and communicating any obstacles.
- Individuals must be proactive, self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple project tasks.
- Production Support & Maintenance activities:
- Respond quickly to support issues and follow up till resolution
- Conduct thorough troubleshooting and provide a quick resolution to production problems
- Follow up and provide timely reporting on issues to management
A four-year degree in computer science or a related field is required. Graduate training in business or technology is a plus, but not required.
Knowledge and Skills
Technical knowledge should include hands-on design and development of enterprise-class applications including design analysis, and implementation, and testing along with experience with troubleshooting and maintenance activities. Must be able to Effectively balance and prioritize multiple projects and tasks concurrently
Candidates should possess:
- 8+ years of background in software development with Java and J2EE technologies
- 5+ years of experience working with a large relational database such as Oracle/SQL and ORMs
- 5 + years of experience in OOA and OO Design and Development using Design Patterns
- 3+ years of background in software development using AWS capabilities
- 3+ years of experience with XML technologies
- Understanding of TDD, iterative, use case driven development
Preferred or Desired Qualifications
- Core Java (Java 8), J2EE, App Server (WebSphere/Tomcat), Oracle/SQL, Unix (Linux)
- Experience with frameworks such as Spring MVC, Spring Boot, JPA/Hibernate, Restful Web Services
- Strong Database Experience with strong knowledge of writing complex SQL scripts
- Proficient in XML, XSLT, XSD, and related technologies
- Application of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) techniques and implementation using Design Patterns.
- Knowledge to create unit-level tests using Junit/Mockito and experience with Shell scripting
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Junit/Mockito and continuous integration testing with Cruise Control/Junit
- Experience with Build tools such as Ant, IVY, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Experience in the extensive use of source control tools such as GIT, TFS, etc.
- Ability to interact effectively within and across other teams
- Strong technical acumen and communications skills
- Background in Test Driven Development, pair programming, and other agile/XP methodologies preferred
Candidates should also possess:
- Skills that demonstrate excellence in a dynamic fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility and accountability.
- A history of meeting aggressive deadlines in uncertain environments and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including both oral and written proficiency
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on .
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 00:19:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!
For Daily Job notification Join us in Telegram :